Home Insurance cover is not only essential for your piece of mind but also if you have a mortgage on your property it is a mandatory policy that needs to be in place.  


The amount of cover you choose, or the sum insured, is very important and often misunderstood.  You should base the buildings cover on the rebuilding cost of your home, not the market value.  


Check your policy and schedule for details of your cover. Specific terms, conditions and product benefits may apply to your policy.  We have outlined below the type of cover that most standard home policies will include.


Whether you have a policy in place and want a cheaper quote or need a quote for a new policy our staff are here to help.


Your buildings sum insured includes

your home and its fixtures and fittings,

interior decorations, septic and service

tanks, terraces, patios, decks, driveways,

walls, fences and gate for which you are

legally responsible; all within the

boundary of your home



Household goods, personal belongings and valuables within your home which you or any member of your household own or for which you are responsible.

Contents cover is usually offered on a new for old basis, which means that in most cases the company will replace stolen or damaged items with new items.

Optional Extras

Accidental Damage Cover

This covers you for accidental damage to both your buildings and contents in your home


Extra cover for certain items

e.g: jewellery, watches, cameras, binoculars, bicycles and sports equipment


Help in a home emergency

Access to a 24-hour comprehensive emergency service


Garden Cover

for items designed to be left permanently in the open

Jack French trading as 1 Stop Brokers is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland